2010-07-23

a nordic dream

*
*
are you on vacation or stay-cation?

there’s no hot news this week either,
but temperature-wise,
it’s just way too hot.
japan is sizzling.
i’m not lying!

when air-conditioners can’t beat the heat,
i always start a home-decorating project.
as a matter of fact,
i am in the thick of it.

i know i sound like a crazy ant.
i’ve been painting my living room floor nordic white.
it’s more like taking a swedish-style sauna than decorating, though.

the living room looks almost done,
so i can make a move on my bed room, then.
my dream will be drifting around the norwegian wood?

looking at summer flowers,
the bog sages, in the park as well as on my balcony, are blooming,


they are as blue as the summer sky.


white geranium is among my all-time favourites, by the way.


their petals resemble white butterfly wings, don’t you think?


enjoy your hot (or cool?) summer weekend, my friends!
*
*
*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once again, beautiful pictures ;]
I hope you are having a great Japanese summer as I am having a wonderful US summer.

Les Cotrions said...

Wonderful photos Keiko! Here it's a little bit better now...not so hot and wet...but I'm afrait it won't last!!!
Have a nice day and keep on dreaming nordic atmospherees!
Vale